Looking for a great way to get in the mood? The The Aromatic Arousal Cocktail (Basil Ginger Gimlet) is made with two of the strongest aromatic aphrodisiacs, basil and ginger, which make it alluring and seductive. This post is sponsored by Drizly and helps keep Food Above Gold ad free for your enjoyment! As always, all opinions are my own.
Cocktails were supposed to be the last week of our month of aphrodisiacs, but I’m too excited about this one to wait. Gimlets are one of my favorite cocktails out there and this Aromatic Arousal Cocktail (Basil Ginger Gimlet) has two very powerful aromatic aphrodisiacs. Take your time with this cocktail…sip it slowly and allow the alluring aroma tempt you.
Skills & Techniques
To make this Aromatic Arousal Cocktail (Basil Ginger Gimlet) perfectly sultry, make sure to become a master of these culinary skills first.
- What Are Aphrodisiacs and How Do They Work? Know how to use the Aromatic Arousal Cocktail to your advantage.
- How To Buy & Store Citrus. This cocktail uses fresh lime juice. Find out how to pick the best limes out there.
- Basic Guide To Citrus Juicers. My favorite juicer for cocktails is the juice press. Find out the different juicers out there and pick the right one for you.
- How To Buy & Store Fresh Herbs. Basil is an odd herb to keep fresh. Find out the best way to make your basil last so you get the most aromatic impact out of it.
- Simple Syrup 101. This cocktail is lightly sweetened with simple syrup. Get my favorite ratio and find out tips and tricks for keeping it from crystallizing.
Get Your Booze Delivered
If you’ve checked out my Salty Irishman Coffee Cocktail, then you’ve already heard about Drizly. If you haven’t, you’re about to meet your new drinking buddy. Drizly is an alcohol delivery service that gets your alcohol to your door in one hour. If you are in one of their delivery zones, you just simply order online, then someone picks up the ingredients for you from a local store and delivers them to your door. They will even pick up the garnishes you need!
This is seriously brilliant. Not only are they a time saver, but they support your community and it’s an alternative to running to the store when you’ve already had a few.
Basil Ginger Gimlet (The Aromatic Arousal Cocktail)
Traditionally, gimlets are made with Navy Strength gin, which is 57% alcohol by volume instead of 40. You don’t need to go for the navy strength if you don’t want to, but it will definitely give your Basil Ginger Gimlet a stronger gin flavor. Additionally, for a little extra impact from the basil, I recommend using a bud of basil and piercing you garnish lime round with it (pictured above). This will help boost the aromatic impact of the basil.
Get your free printable grocery list for this The Aromatic Arousal Cocktail (Basil Ginger Gimlet) HERE.
This grocery list has everything that you’ll need to make this Aromatic Arousal Cocktail (Basil Ginger Gimlet) recipe. To help in making grocery shopping simple, each ingredient is listed in easy-to-find grocery store amounts. If there is no amount specified, that means that you can buy the smallest (or largest) container available and still have plenty left over.
Serving Size1 cocktailCalories213Sodium1.5mgProtein0.3gSugar11.7gTotal Fat0.1gTotal Carbohydrates13.5g
Thanks so much for stopping by.
If you would like to check out some of our other seductive aphrodisiac recipes, here they are:
- Caramelized Leek & Asparagus Bisque with Fried Oysters
- Spicy Ginger Carrots (coming soon!)
- Pomegranate Chicken For Two (coming soon!)
- Dulce De Leche Milk Cake (coming soon!)
- Honey & Sexy Spices Ice Cream (coming soon!)
- Libido Lifting Cocktail (coming soon!)
What would you order and have delivered to your door from Drizly? What is your favorite gin cocktail? Tell me about it in the comments or show me on social media – @foodabovegold. If you made this Aromatic Arousal Cocktail (Basil Ginger Gimlet), make sure to tag it with #foodabovegold and #SexyEats for everyone to see!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Even though this cocktail is shaken, the aromatic aphrodisiacs in it will certainly stir your loins.
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 5-6 large basil leaves
- 1 lime
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- 2 1/2 oz. gin
- Cut the lime in half. Set one half aside and cut the other half into 2 thin rounds.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle together the ginger, and one slice of the lime. Add in the basil and muddle until the basil leaves are wilted.
- Squeeze one half of the lime until it measures .5 oz of lime juice. If that one half of the lime doesn't give you enough juice, use the rest of the other half that you didn't cut into rounds.
- Pour the fresh lime juice, simple syrup and gin into the shaker and fill with ice. Shake until the cocktail is very cold - about 15 seconds.
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with the other lime round.
Pre-chill the cocktail glass by filling it with ice and letting it sit for 5 minutes before use