Cooking together can be great foreplay. Add in the aphrodisiacs in this Cinnamon Rubbed Pomegranate Chicken Thighs and you have a winning combination for sparking romance!
Sometimes when date night rolls around, it feels like one person ends up doing all the cooking, while the other sits around being pampered. While there are definitely occasions for that kind of night, this Cinnamon Rubbed Pomegranate Chicken Thighs is easy to cook together. Like a dance in the kitchen. One person does the chopping while the other does the cooking.
This meal is cooked in intervals that allows you to easily swap ownership based on skills. It also keeps dishes to a minimum so you can spend your evening together, not slaving over the sink.
These Cinnamon Rubbed Pomegranate Chicken Thighs are made with a few different aphrodisiacs. Each one works in different ways.
- Pomegranate. The pomegranate works by lowering cortisol levels, which corresponds with increased testosterone levels. As a result, this leads to better moods and increased sexual desire in both men and women. Interesting fact: some people believe that the forbidden fruit from Genesis was actually a pomegranate, not an apple.
- Honey. Honey naturally has nitric acid in it, which helps with helps with blood flow during arousal. This one is great for both men and women.
- Nutmeg. Known to help lower inhibitions and raise body heat, this spice can also help boost libido and potency. It’s also been used to sweeten breath.
- Cinnamon. As an aphrodisiac, cinnamon has the power to heat up your body, which can help with blood flow and increased sexual desire
Skills & Techniques
Make this Cinnamon Rubbed Pomegranate Chicken Thighs exceed your expectations by brushing up on these culinary skills.
- Pan-Frying 101. Get my tips for how to get the perfect golden brown skin on your chicken.
- What Are Aphrodisiacs and How Do They Work? Find out how aphrodisiacs work and how to use them to your advantage.
- How To Buy and Store Spices. Make sure that your spices have maximum potency by mastering freshness.
If you want to make the aphrodisiacs last a little longer, you can easily double the recipe. If you have leftovers, they will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator stored in an airtight container. To keep the chicken skin from getting soggy in the fridge, make sure they are completely cooled before packaging them. Also, I recommend keeping the sauce separate (just a recommendation though, not necessary) so the chicken doesn’t become overly pomegranate flavored.
If you would like to reheat your leftovers, I recommend:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Add a little bit of chicken stock into the bottom of the pan and add in the chicken thighs. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until heated throughout.
- Reheat the sauce in a small pot on the cooktop until it simmers. Spoon over chicken and serve.
Cinnamon Rubbed Pomegranate Chicken Thighs
Thanks so much for stopping by!
If you would like to check out some of our other seductive aphrodisiac recipes, here they are:
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Cinnamon and Pomegranate
- 1 lb chicken thighs,, skin on
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon neutral cooking oil
- 2 Tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup pomegranate juice
- ½ pomegrante,, arils removed and reserved
- salt and pepper,, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, garlic powder, and onion powder. Rub the outside of the chicken thighs thoroughly with the mix.
- In a cast iron or heavy bottomed skillet, heat the oil until it begins to shimmer. Add in the chicken thighs skin side down and cook until golden brown. About 5 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side until cooked through. (See note)
- While the chicken thighs cooks, stir together the pomegranate molasses, honey, and pomegranate juice. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and set them on a plate to rest. Pour the sauce mixture into the pan and reduce it by half. Scrape up any cooked on bits of chicken from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the chicken thighs (skin side up) to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the reserved pomegranate arils and serve.