This Fennel and Orange Marinade is a delicious way to add simple but prominent flavors to your meal with only 5 ingredients!
We’re continuing on through our month of marinades with the last of our citrus based marinades. This one, as compared to the citrus and pineapple marinade, lets the fennel take center stage. In fact, this marinade offers a fennel boost for those of you who love strong anise flavor.
Skills & Techniques
Truly rock your marinade making skills for this Fennel and Orange Marinade by brushing up on these other culinary proficiencies first.
- How To Marinate For Maximum Flavor. This provides all the info you could need on how to get the most out of your marinade.
- How Long To Marinate. Learn the four key factors that determine how long to marinate.
- How To Buy & Store Citrus. Get the best oranges out there with the tips in this post.
- Basic Guide To Citrus Juicers. Oranges break down easily when squeezed too much, find out how to get the most juice with these juicers.
- How To Buy & Store Dried Spices. Are your dried spices stale? Find out now.
Storage & Leftovers
I like this Fennel and Orange Marinade because it keeps in your refrigerator a little longer than others. Once you’ve made it, you can keep it in an air-tight container in the fridge for 7-10 days. If you need to keep it longer, it can store in the freezer up to 6 months. Freezing liquids can be tricky, so I recommend putting a batch in a tightly sealed freezer bag then laying it flat to freeze. This will make multiple batches easy to stack and take up less space in your freezer. Don’t forget to label it though! ?
Fennel & Orange Marinade
If you haven’t noticed, I tend to use fennel quite a bit. The strange thing about that is that I don’t really care much for it. If you get a really awesome bulb of fennel though, it has a sweet and mild flavor. If you are the opposite of me and love fennel, then I added in a fennel power-up in this Fennel and Orange Marinade with some fennel seeds.
Get your free printable grocery list for the Fennel & Orange Marinade HERE.
This grocery list has everything that you’ll need to make this Fennel & Orange Marinade recipe. To help in making grocery shopping simple, each ingredient is listed in easy-to-find grocery store amounts. If there is no amount specified, that means that you can buy the smallest (or largest) container available and still have plenty left over.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
If you would like to try some of the other marinade recipes being featured this month, you’ll find them below. Make sure to sign up for the email list (on the right side bar) to get your exclusive marinade recipe and my secret hack for marinating in one hour!
- Pineapple & Citrus All-Purpose Marinade
- White Wine & Herb Marinade
- Marinade Of Many Mustards
- Spicy Chipotle Ranch Marinade
- Tomato-Basil Marinade
Fennel and Orange Marinade
- 1 large orange , zested and juiced (about 1/3 c.)
- 1 bulb of fennel , root and tops trimmed off, the roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic , peeled
- 1 cup oil of your choice
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
In a blender, combine the orange zest, orange juice, fennel, garlic, and fennel seeds if you're using them. Blend until smooth.
Turn down the blender to it's slowest setting and slowly pour in the oil while the blender is running until the mixture is completely combined.
Using the smallest container that the food you are marinating will fit it, pour the marinade over the item until it is completely submerged, let marinate up to 24 hours.