Wow your friends with this delicious honey roasted rainbow carrots recipe. It looks fancy but is incredibly easy recipe to make. Serve it as a quick side dish at dinner, or even take it to Thanksgiving!
I love roasted veggies so I'm always working to come up with new ways to enjoy them. Often, the easiest way is tossed in a large bowl with fresh herbs and olive oil. But sometimes that can get old.
This honey roasted rainbow carrots recipe is just as easy to make and versatile during the autumn and winter months. It is easy enough to serve with a hearty roast or chicken, but also fancy enough to bring to Thanksgiving. Additionally, because of the aphrodisiacs, it carries through all the way to Valentine’s day!
Do You Peel Before Roasting?
Carrot peels are naturally a bit bitter (and often dirty). Even after a thorough scrubbing, grit can still be stuck in the crevices. I recommend peeling the carrots before roasting because it removes the bitterness and also gives the carrots a beautiful aesthetic.
What Kind Of Carrots Should I Use?
Please don’t let the fanciness of these rainbow carrots keep you from making this recipe. This honey roasted carrots recipe works with any kind of carrot, even baby carrots!
The important thing when choosing your carrots is that you get ones that have a similar thickness. If you have a variety of girths, some will roast faster than others. This means that some may be barely al dente while others are squishy.
This simple honey roasted rainbow carrots recipe travels beyond the Thanksgiving and Christmas table and into Valentines Day. It is made with three potent aphrodisiacs that work together to help make the night a success.
- Pomegranate. Pomegranate lower cortisol levels, which corresponds with increased testosterone levels. As a result, this leads to better moods and increased sexual desire in both men and women. Interesting fact: some people believe that the forbidden fruit from Genesis was actually a pomegranate, not an apple.
- Honey. Honey naturally has nitric acid in it, which helps with helps with blood flow during arousal. This one is great for both men and women.
- Cinnamon. As an aphrodisiac, cinnamon has the power increase body heat, which can help with blood flow and increased sexual desire.
Top Recipe Tips
- Don’t let the honey mixture sit for too long before tossing on the raw carrots. As it cools it gets harder to coat the carrots, especially because the honey will cool down the mixture faster.
- Work smarter, not harder. Before measuring your honey, coat your measuring spoon in the butter. This will help the honey slide off of your spoon (and make dishes easier!).
- Add your salt and pepper to the honey butter. This makes sure that the seasoning coats the roasted veggies all the way around.
- After you toss the carrots in the honey butter, spread them on a baking sheet in a single layer. If they overlap, they won't roast evenly.
Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots Recipe
This fancy side dish is surprisingly low effort because the steam from the carrots warm up the pomegranate and burrata cheese. All you have to do is sprinkle them on and serve.
Also, the cinnamon in the honey glaze is optional. It elevates the flavor, but also adds an earthy depth that may not be what you’re looking for. Keep the flavor lighter by not using it.
Make grocery shopping easier with this printable grocery list for honey roasted rainbow carrots. Everything is listed in standard grocery store amounts. If no size is specified, even the smallest package will provide more than enough.
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Honey Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Burrata and Pomegranate
- 2 pounds rainbow carrots, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey, orange blossom if you have it
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Burrata cheese, pinched into small pieces
- 1 pomegranate, arils removed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter and stir in the honey and optional cinnamon. Toss to coat the carrots immediately in the honey butter mixture and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and cook the carrots for 15 minutes. Flip and cook for another 15 - 20 minutes or until the carrots are cooked throughout.
- Transfer the carrots to a serving platter and sprinkle pinched off pieces of the burrata cheese on top. Top with the pomegranate arils and serve.
This recipe was very unexpected. I didn't know what I thought about adding the burratta, but it was a delicious and creamy addition that makes these honey roasted carrots unique. I like that I don't have to do anything to the burrata. Thanks for the delicious recipe!
Mackenzie Ryan says
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! That burratta is such a fun touch!